Thursday, July 17, 2014

Our June and July (thus far).

 It's summer, and we are loving it.  Colby and I have been trying to go on plenty of adventures so we don't end up having television/movie marathons every day (although at times it is tempting).


I had never hiked to Stewart Falls, so we decided to give it a try!  It was a great hike--scenic, peaceful, and not too scary for me.  I think Colby is finally catching on that I love hiking, just not when there's a huge cliff right beside me.
The water was very cold, but we built up the courage to get a little bit wet.


We also went to our first Orem Owlz baseball game of the season.  I love summer baseball games because they are nice and chill.



I attended my first Beck family reunion during the 4th of July weekend!  It was filled with lots of food, family, talking, activities, wiffleball, and jet skiing.  Tons of fun.



This last weekend we decided to go to Colorado to visit Skyler, Rebekah, Alicia, and McKay.  It was a jam packed weekend!  First, we went to a Rockies game with Skyler and Rebekah.  This was my second professional baseball game I have been to, the first being a Twins game.  Since the Rockies were playing the Twins in this game, Colby and I went prepared wearing our Twins attire.    


We also went to a bike park that Skyler helps run in Boulder, Colorado.  I was expecting it to be full of leisurely bike trails, but instead found myself riding fast on dirt trails with little humps and optional skills sections.  It was so much fun!  Although he doesn't have much experience, Colby was a bit more of a daredevil than I was.  He loved attempting all sorts of things.
At one point I was watching the kids with Rebekah while Colby and Skyler were off riding.  I randomly looked over to a certain trail--one that REALLY good bikers were going on--and watched a random guy go over one jump, and then flip off his bike on the next.  It looked painful I felt bad for the guy but was impressed that he jumped right back up.  Then he turns around, and I realize it was Colby!  It was such a coincidence that I was watching him right then!  Luckily, he survived the fall.

Here's some of his tricks that he learned.


And then here's me.  It doesn't look like much, but it was.  Trust me.



It has been an awesome summer so far, and I am excited for the many other things we have planned!



Also...
This is the very first time I have every contributed to the weekly "Throwback Thursday."  But I found this video on the computer and it reminded me of how great our trip to Europe was last year! 
This is when we were in Bulgaria.  Right before this video we went cliff jumping into the Black Sea--which was filled with jellyfish, I might add--and then we were walking back to our friend Eva's grandparent's house when we decided to stop at this festival.  Eva pulled me aside, taught me the dance, and then pulled me into the circle.  This is when Colby joined, too!
Ps, the music on this video is really loud, so I would recommend turning your volume down.
Pss, Colby is wearing a blue shirt and I am wearing a a bluish/greenish tank top with cream underneath.



Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment