Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Our much-needed vacation.

We're burnt out.  It seems like this semester couldn't end any sooner.  Each day is filled with what seems like endless amounts of studying.
  
We decided to take a few days off from school and start our Thanksgiving break early.  I'm not usually one for skipping school, but it was for a good cause--we needed to go to the BYU vs Notre Dame football game in Indiana with the Beck family.  We spent the day walking around Notre Dame campus and taking part in the tradition there.  The campus is beautiful. 

 We were excited to see the Touchdown Jesus we had been hearing about.

 The game was freezing.  We heard afterwards that it was the coldest game recorded in Notre Dame history.  I didn't think I would make it through the entire thing, but alas, I did.  I used to think Utah was cold, but it's nothing compared to the Midwest.  Colby was really sweet making sure I was alright.  During halftime I went into the girls bathroom along with a hundred other women to warm up.  I spent about 10 minutes standing underneath a huge heater--doing so allowed me to make it through the second half of the game.  Sadly, BYU lost.  But it was all such a fun and crazy experience! 


We spent the next couple of days around the Chicago area and saw some awesome things there.  We had pizza from one of Chicago's best pizza places, went to an aquarium, and saw The Bean at Millennium Park!

The pizza place we went to was a pretty one-of-a-kind experience.  Not only was the pizza delicious, the atmosphere was pretty cool as well. 

  This was the first time I had ever been to an aquarium, so I had a good time there.

I had just learned about The Bean in my Humanities class I took during the summer.  It was awesome seeing it in person.

 After Chicago, we came back to Iowa so we can spend Thanksgiving with the family.  This trip has been so relaxing, we don't want to even think about the homework we need to get done.  Luckily we still have a few more days before we go back!


Oh and by the way, today is our 7 month anniversary!  Marrying Colby in the temple was the best decision I've ever made.  I am so excited to spend eternity with my best friend.  I know I have become a better person because of him.



No comments:

Post a Comment